Gluten-Free Pumpkin Doughnuts (adapted from Bulletproof)
These are extremely popular at the Patton household and guess what? They are Healthy!!! Trust me on this and give it a shot.
I recognize some of these ingredients may not be a staple in your kitchen, but once you have them you can easily duplicate the recipe. As a bonus the costs are not that expensive.
So give these a try and let me know.
- 3 eggs, organic pasture raised
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut cream (the thick part from a can, unsweetened)
- ¼ cup monk fruit sweetener (I use the raw packets ~ takes almost a full box)
- 1 tablespoon Brain Octane Oil (or MCT oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ¾ cup gluten free flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Hazelnut food spread or any icing
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare a doughnut pan, grease with coconut spray or coat with coconut oil. (I also prepare a muffin pan for leftover batter)
- In a large bowl, sift flours and dry ingredients except sweeteners.
- In another bowl (I use Kitchen Aid mixer) mix eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla, sweeteners, oil, coconut cream.
- Add dry ingredients to the above mixture and mix to blend.
- Pour batter into the prepared pans so that they are 2/3 full, then bake until toothpick comes out clean-approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool, then remove from pans.
- Decorate with icing, toppings, and ENJOY!